Vegan tip #1!
So I was making my batch of almond milk this morning, and I thought to myself ‘this is a great way for people to get their calcium without drinking milk from cows’.
How to make almond milk:
- Pour one cup of almonds into a measuring bowl.
- Pour one cup of water into the same measuring bowl to soak overnight, approximately eight hours.
- After eight hours, pour that into a blender.
- Pour three more cups of water into that blender.
- Get a jar, put a cheesecloth over it, pour the almond milk into the jar.
- Drink the delicious homemade almond milk!
For the extra almond crumbs, I like to put that into my cereal.
* Calcium is a mineral. Minerals cannot be destroyed, but they can be leashed into the water, so make sure you don’t throw out that water that you soaked your almonds in. Some of your calcium is in there!